To access the GloBE-Reg Registry you will need to use an authenticator app to generate your 6 digit OTP code. Authenticator apps do not require phone service or an Internet connection to work, but must be downloaded to whatever device or PC you choose.
To download an authenticator app, go to the app store for your device or browse the Internet:
- If you’re using an iOS or Android device, you can download Microsoft Authenticator or Google Authenticator from your respective app store. If you prefer to use a different authenticator app, make sure that it supports TOTP-OATH (Time-based One-time Password Algorithm adopted by the Initiative for Open Authentication).
- If you’re using a Windows PC, tablet, or device, search for “authenticator app” in the Windows Store.
Note: Authenticator apps do not have access to your GloBE-Reg password and account details.
To add your GloBE-Reg Registry account to the authenticator app:
- Go to the GloBE-Reg registry log in page. Enter your username and password (leaving the 6 digit PIN field empty) and click ‘Login’.
- Open the authenticator app and add new account (this will usually be either an ‘Add’ or ‘+’ in the app, depending on which one you are using).
- If the device with the authenticator app has a camera, scan the QR code displayed on the screen. If there is no camera, or you’re not able to scan the QR code (if you’re on a PC for example) enter your GloBE-Reg username and the manual entry key shown below the QR Code
- The app will automatically generate a random 6 digit Pin that you must enter on the enrollment screen under the QR code. Click Save.
- The app will now provide new codes on a specified time interval (usually 30 seconds)
- On the login page you can now enter your username, password and the current 6 digit PIN shown in your authenticator app.
When you log in in future you do not need to repeat steps 1-5 and can just go straight to the login page and enter your username, password and the current 6 digit PIN shown in your authenticator app.
If your mobile device is lost or the authenticator account is no longer available, for whatever reason, you can create a new GloBE-Reg Registry PIN account by following instructions 1-6 above. Once the new PIN is confirmed on the enrolment page the old PIN is no longer valid.